"Now is the time of year when we all tend to hunker down inside to gather—and eat—with friends and family. And while cooking holiday feasts can fill your home with deliciously warm aromas, it can also serve up some unwanted byproducts.
Over the years, numerous studies have shown just how harmful cooking indoors can be. The heat sources we all use—from gas to electric stoves—create indoor air pollution. Natural gas and propane stoves can release carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and other pollutants. And cooking oil, fat, and various ingredients on either gas or electric stoves produce unwanted residue."